Family Constellations with Barry KrostToday, 1:00 PM » 5:00 PM
image: Midwinter Tale 3 (c) Mary Burton
Family Constellations explore how hidden forces in our
family systems, sometimes over multiple generations, can influence our
thoughts, behaviors and emotional experiences. Tapping into a “knowing field”
that surrounds each family allows us to explore this living phenomenon with
participants volunteering to represent family members, ancestors or other
elements of a family system for another participant.
During the workshop, we search for possible solutions that restore order and balance to the family system that lead to movement and growth. In the process, hidden and unexpected dynamics operating within the system are revealed and addressed in a way that aims to find a healthy and respectful place for all members of the family system with greater understanding and awareness of the past, present and possible future.
Participants may experience one or more constellation formats including guided visualizations, individual constellations or a group family constellation. What happens will depend on what want to emerge when we gather.
Barry Krost has been a Bodywork & Energy Healing Practitioner for 36 years. He has worked with many leading Family Constellations trainers and facilitators in the US and Europe since 2002.
$65/$55 early registration by January 11
Voice-Movement-Energy (VME) Level 1 with Joan Forest Mage (Sundays)Tomorrow, 9:30 AM » 12:00 PM
growth and healing: find new ways of personal empowerment and
expression for relating to your most inner world to the outer world
dancers & actors: find your full expressive range in voice and
movement; break through performance blocks; connect to spiritual energy
to empower your performance and shapeshift into characters
- Healers (energy workers, therapists): add sound healing to the tools you offer in your sessions; use sound healing and movement for self-care
- Energy Field & Chakras - directing the energy in and around the body; initiating voice & movement from the 7 energy centers of the body
- Dimensions - finding full range (height, width, depth) in voice & movement
- Dynamics – qualities of voice & movement like the elements: Water, Earth, Fire, Air & Space
- 4 Skills (Life Force Arts Method) - 4 Skills of working with energy from your most inner world to the most outer world; how you relate with voice & movement to self, society, nature and the spirit realm
Open Drum Circle with Cathy McManamonFriday, January 31, 8:00 PM » 10:00 PM
Open Drum Circle with Cathy McManamon is held several times a year at Life Force Arts Center. Next Open Drum Circle: April 10, 2020
Cathy McManamon is a musician who plays a variety of instruments and has been drumming in the Chicago and wider Reclaiming communities for many years. A ritual drummer who enjoys supporting group energy and dynamics, Cathy has facilitated open drum circles and rhythm workshops at MuseCon, scout youth and leader events, and most recently at Life Force Arts Center. She believes that we all possess the innate ability to create rhythms, and that our unique rhythms can blend and grow into a powerful experience that can be healing and transforming when we share them and let them flow together.