LFAC Youth Scholarship
The intention of the Life Force Arts Center Youth Scholarship is to introduce young adults between the ages of 18 - 24 to LFAC’s unique mission of activating the spiritual power of the visual, literary and performing arts in artists and audiences to create transformation and community. The scholarship is funded from donations to Life Force Arts Center, which is a tax exempt 501 (c) 3 organization.
The LFAC Youth Scholarship covers admission to ArtSpirit
signature program, deepening awareness of how to use the spiritual power of the
arts. ArtSpirit Adventures are packages of "two events
and a transformational process" that help participants activate the
spiritual power of the visual, literary and performing arts in their lives.
LFAC Youth Scholarship
· For young people ages 18 - 24
· Covers admission to one ArtSpirit Adventure
· One LFAC Youth Scholarship per calendar year per person
· Applications are taken throughout the year
· Applicants can apply for the Scholarship and later decide which ArtSpirit Adventure they would like to participate in
· Applications are reviewed by the LFAC Artistic Director and Scholarship Administrator, who then award the scholarship
· Applicants must use the Scholarship within six months after it is awarded
To apply, please fill out a Scholarship Application (see below). For more information, please contact Joan Forest Mage at 773-327-7224 or Joan@LifeForceArts.org
ArtSpirit Adventures at LFAC
ArtSpirit Adventures are LFAC's signature programs. They deepen one's awareness of how to use the spiritual power of the arts. ArtSpirit Adventures are about learning, growing and sharing in a community of like-minded artistic souls.
ArtSpirit Adventures are packages of "two events and a transformational bridge" that help participants activate the spiritual power of the visual, literary and performing arts in their lives. Guided by an expert ArtSpirit Facilitator, you'll attend such events as concerts, performances, workshops and individual sessions of great alchemical energy, as well as processing through reflective writing, drawing or meditating on your own, to help you find a revolutionary new connection between art and the flowering of your soul.
ArtSpirit Adventures awaken you to the subtle but vital connections between interdisciplinary arts and a variety of spiritual practices that can help you heal, create, problem solve and enjoy life more. Each event in an ArtSpirit Adventure is free-standing and may be taken by participants who are not part of the ArtSpirit Adventure. ArtSpirit Adventures cost $95. Admission to both Events and the Transformational Process in an ArtSpirit Adventure is included in the ArtSpirit Adventure program cost.
FAQ about the LFAC Youth Scholarship
How does the LFAC Youth Scholarship work?
A young person between the ages of 18- 24 is selected to receive the scholarship. The scholarship covers admission to one ArtSpirit Adventure. The intention of the LFAC Youth Scholarship is to introduce young adults to LFAC’s unique mission of sharing the spiritual power of the arts. There is a limit of one Youth Scholarship per calendar year per person. The scholarship is funded from donations to Life Force Arts Center, which is a tax exempt 501 (c) 3 organization.
Who decides who gets the Scholarship?
Life Force Arts Center’s Artistic Director and Scholarship Administrator review the Scholarship applications and decide who receives the scholarship.
Do I have to know what ArtSpirit Adventure I want to take when I apply?
No, you can apply and then decide which ArtSpirit Adventure might be the most beneficial for your goals. You must use the Scholarship within six months after it is awarded
Life Force Arts Center Youth Scholarship Application
Date of Birth:
How did you hear about the LFAC Youth Scholarship?:
Please answer the following questions.
1. Why are you interested in learning about/experiencing the connection of art and spiritual practice?
2. Please share any previous experience you have had with artistic or spiritual practice you feel may relate to LFAC’s ArtSpirit Adventure program
3. What personal or professional goals do you hope this program may help you achieve?
4. What do you see, if any, as your potential contribution to artistic and/or spiritual practice? How might this training will enable you to make these contributions?
5. Please explain any special considerations you have, if any, for applying for this scholarship, such as financial need
DONATE TO LFAC'S YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP
$95 covers the cost of one Youth Scholarship for one young person for one ArtSpirit Adventure
You can donate the full amount of $95 to fund one student, or donate part of a scholarship.
Donations of all amounts are welcome! Life Force Arts Center is a tax exempt 501 (c) 3 organization; donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.