Call for Artists
Life Force Arts Center presents juried art exhibits. Our exhibits are based on themes related to the connection of art, healing and spirituality, and run from 2 - 4 months each. The exhibits feature beautiful and energetically powerful artwork of all styles and media. The artwork creates a sacred space for performances, spiritual rituals and other events that are held in conjunction with the theme of the show.
Our Current Call for Artists
Our next Call for Artists will be for the show that opens February 3, 2018. Please check back October 15 for details.
If you are interested in exhibiting with us, you can sign up here for our email list to receive Calls for Artists.
Be sure to check the box "Call for Artists" under "Which publications would you like to receive?"
General information about LFAC shows
Life Force Arts Center (LFAC) explores the connection of the arts, healing and spiritual practice
based in the Life Force Arts Method, a modern version of perennial
wisdom teachings that value love, true self and creative community. LFAC
presents visual, literary and performing art exhibits, events and
publications that awaken human potential, deepen mystical experience and
create spiritual transformation.
Life Force Arts Center (LFAC) explores the connection of the arts, healing and spiritual practice based in the Life Force Arts Method, a modern version of perennial wisdom teachings that value love, true self and creative community. LFAC presents visual, literary and performing art exhibits, events and publications that awaken human potential, deepen mystical experience and create spiritual transformation.
LFAC welcomes artists who have presentation associated with their work, such as lectures, performances, workshops, rituals and guided meditations.
At LFAC, we work with energy and beings of the Light, and look for artwork that inspires and uplifts viewers. Our policy is that if artwork has a cathartic element and helps viewers face the shadow side, it must also have the alchemy to integrate what has been purged into a new, whole, positive form.
- Art may include 2- or 3-dimensional: prints, paintings, photography, digital, sculpture, mixed media.
- Make sure to write an essay(s) on why and/or how EACH ARTWORK YOU ARE SUBMITTING fits the theme of the exhibit.
- You may include up to 5 works of art that fit the theme for the show in your submission.
- Please only submit artwork that is completed. We only consider finished artwork for the show
- We only accept artwork that is for sale
- There is a 50-50% split of any sales of art; the artist receives 50% and Life Force Arts Center receives 50%.
- Submissions may be sent as jpg images (max 500 x 500 pixels per image). Please put images in the same email as the submission form if possible.
- Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission fee is $25 and may be paid via Paypal to "paypal@LifeForceArts.org," or contacting us at 773-327-7224.
- IMPORTANT: if your artwork is chosen for an LFAC exhibit, you are responsible for delivering your artwork ready-to-display. There are numerous ways to have it ready-to-display, including
- - gallery wrapped on stretcher bars
- - frame around the artwork
- - hanging from a dowel, which has a wire on it
- - adhesive onto foamboard which has a hook and/or wire on the back
- - wooden or metal stands for 3 dimensional artwork
- - many other methods of display, depending on the type of artwork
The frame must fit the artwork. If the artwork is smaller than the frame, please mat the artwork so it fits the frame.
- Artist is responsible for shipping the art or delivery, properly wrapped and protected. The artist agrees to pick up unsold art at the end of the show, or pay for return shipping.
Last modified: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 10:12 PM